WHAT HAPPENS DURING A LIVE CROWDFUNDING NIGHT?
Once a year, our donor community can get to know and support 3 social projects during the Live Crowdfunding Night. It is a 2-3 hour event where selected NGOs present the project they want to implement to 80-100 guests in 6 minutes each. Then, they get 6 minutes each to answer guests’ questions. Subsequently, the project representatives leave the room and people start making offers. Going through the particular projects one by one, guests can make their financial and other type of offers (voluntary work, service, material contribution, etc.) to support the implementation of the projects they find sympathetic. We follow together the amount of the offerings made, so that guests can see how much has come together and whether the amount matches the target amount needed for implementation. When the offers have been made, the project representatives come back to the room to see how much they have been offered for implementing their project.
Following the event, the foundation collects the guests’ offerings and then provides it in one amount, under a grant agreement, to implement the projects. The role of the Roots and Wings Foundation is also to monitor the implementation of the supported projects and to report about them to the guests turned donors.
HOW DO WE ORGANIZE OUR EVENTS?
- Finding and selecting projects
- Preparing the organisations to be presented
- Live Crowdfunding: Project Presentations, Questions, Offerings
- Grant agreement with organisations
- Implementing projects
WHY IS THE LIVE CROWDFUNDING EVENT SPECIAL?
Our guests get the chance to
- meet the initiators of three valuable social projects in person,
- offer their donations on site to implement the projects of their choice,
- together follow and be excited about whether the required amount is reached,
- experience what prospects open when people jointly support an issue they find important.
The organisations supported during the Live Crowdfunding Night
- draw attention to exciting and important social issues
- obtain adequate resources for their work
- acquire new skills to showcase their work
- experience the support of the community, which can give them extra energy and enthusiasm to pursue their goals
- broaden the perspective of the members of the donor community
OUR NEXT EVENT
3 JUNE 2021
If you would like to attend our next event, please indicate it by filling out the form below and we will send you the details.