Terms of Donation
By accepting this data management statement, the Donor agrees to the Roots and Wings Foundation (1092 Budapest, Ráday utca 32. III / 3.) storing and transferring to
- Stripe (Europe), 1 Grand Canal Street Lower, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin, D02 H210, Ireland
as data controller, the following personal data provided by the Donor about himself/herself: surname, first name and e-mail address. Neither the Foundation nor Stripe will transfer the data to any third party.
The purpose of data management and data transfer is to provide customer service assistance to Donors, confirm transactions (payment of donation by credit card or transfer) and monitor fraud to protect users (through a fraud detection system supporting the control of electronically initiated banking transactions).
The Donor consents to the storage and use of the contact details provided by him/her by the Roots and Wings Foundation for the purpose of keeping in touch with the Donor, and, regarding the Live Crowdunding Night, for reporting. The User may at any time request the deletion or correction of his/her data, and may prohibit their further use at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend that you keep a record of your donation data, payment transaction details (transaction ID, authorization number) and ensure that your confidential card information is never accessed by an unauthorized person. We recommend that you use a browser that supports the SSL encryption option.
SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer, an accepted encryption method. Both payment interfaces have an encryption key that protects the communication channel. The browser used by the Donor (in the terminology of the bank: “Customer”) uses SSL to encrypt the cardholder’s data before sending it, so that it reaches the bank in an encrypted form and thus cannot be interpreted by unauthorized persons. On the payment page with SSL encryption, the bank only handles the card data required for the payment transaction. Only the bank has access to the data provided on the payment page, and it does not forward it to the Roots and Wings Foundation. To pay by card, your Internet browser must support SSL encryption.
Stripe’s online payment system allows payments byMastercard/Maestro, VISA and VISA Electron (the latter only if authorized by the issuing bank), Discover and American Express credit cards.
Information on One-Time Donations to the Roots and Wings Foundation
The donation process is simple with Stripe:
- On the “Support us” page, after selecting “One time donation,” enter your first name, last name, email address, and the amount you want to donate by credit card. This information is used for keeping in touch with donors later on. Filling in the message section is optional. Should you wish, here you can indicate a specific purpose for which the Foundation will use your donation to the best of its knowledge and discretion.
- After entering your card details, you can start the transaction by clicking on the “Pay” button.
- After the payment, the Donor receives a confirmation of the result of the transaction on the website of the payment service provider, and is then returned to the page of the Roots and Wings Foundation. Following a successful transaction, the bank will begin debiting the Donor’s account with the amount of the donation. The donated amount will be immediately withheld on your card account. If the transaction is unsuccessful, or if you would like to get more detailed information about the outcome of the transaction, please contact your bank (the credit card issuer).
Information on Regular Donations to the Roots and Wings Foundation
The bank statements received by the Buyer will have the name of Stripe Payments Europe Limited as point of acceptance.
The Roots and Wings Foundation (in the bank’s terminology, the “Service Provider”) is directly responsible for repeatedly initiated payment transactions that are erroneous or unlawful, and any claims against the Service Provider’s payment service provider are precluded.
Bank card data is handled in accordance with the card company’s rules. Neither the Roots and Wings Foundation nor Stripe have access to your credit card information.
Information on Donating at Live Crowdfunding Nights
- On the “Live Crowdfunding Night Donation” page, in the “I donate to this group” field next to the name of the group(s) to be supported, enter the amount you wish to donate to them by credit card payment.
- Then you have to enter your last name, first name and e-mail address, which will be used for later contact and for reporting to donors. In case of ambassador fundraising, you have the option to fill in the message box on the subpage of the group to send a public message to the supported group that can be read by anyone.
- After entering the card details, you can start the transaction by clicking on the “Pay” button.
- After the payment, you will be redirected from the payment service provider’s page back to the Root and Wings Foundation’s page, where you will receive a confirmation of the result of the transaction. Following a successful transaction, the bank will begin debiting the Donor’s account with the amount of the donation. The donated amount will be immediately withheld on your card account. In case you are not redirected from the payment page to the Roots and Wings Foundation’s page, the transaction has failed. In such asituation, and also if you would like to get more detailed information about the outcome of the transaction, please contact your bank (the bank card issuer).
Use of Donations
The Foundation undertakes to use the donations paid on the “Support us” subpage for its own professional work.
91% of the donations received on the “Live Crowdfunding Night Donation” subpage by bank transfer, or paid directly during the Live Crowdfunding Night, will be forwarded by the Roots and Wings Foundation to the groups presenting themselves and raising funds at the Live Crowdfunding Night. The remaining 9% will be spent on organizing the Live Crowdfunding Night and the professional activities of the coEFFICIENTprogramme. The Foundation undertakes to make sure that the groups use the funds raised for the purpose presented at the Live Crowdfunding Night and keep Donors regularly updated on the progress of their causes and the use of the funds raised.
Budapest, April 28, Budapest